14 februari 2010

footprints..

Footprints In The Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child,
is when I carried you.” "Writer Unknown"
Här gör min man fotsteg i sanden, han har också både vandrat bredvid mig och burit mig genom det svåra vi gått igenom.

4 kommentarer:

lilla angelyne sa...

Det är vacker text med stor mening.
Och en så vacker symbol med din mans fot.

Vi hade den som bön på Troys begravning, dock på svenska. Till och med Ts pappa (som gärna inte pratar om the Lord alls) fastnade för den.

Fint.

Veronica B sa...

Jag fick den dikten av en nästan okänd människa, under en svår period av mitt liv. Även om jag är väldigt "otroende" tycker jag att den är fantastiskt fin!
Kram

Jeensiie sa...

Den texten var otroligt vacker!

Mamma Melissa sa...

Jag älskar den texten! Hade den på plansch i mitt tonårsrum:.)

Och du... tack snälla för det fina gästblogginlägget... jag hade verkligen inte en aning... blev så rörd och stärkt -vilket jag anar att du visste att jag behövde;.)